We provide larger ongoing and developmental approaches
The Developmental Approach
These are considered much larger, ongoing and developmental approaches for PIM. They provide young people with an opportunity to challenge themselves and through that develop a much deeper understanding of themselves and their identity. We seek to work with others to bring a broad and comprehensive approach to change in relation to young people and the world we all live in. We want to equip both young people and adults with attitudes, skills and behaviours which support them in the fast paced world we inhabit and which also supports insightful change.
We will support you in creating peer led initiatives using a coaching approach. Some examples of this work could include;
Young people would go through a tailored coaching programme to become peer life coaches. This will equip them with core coaching skills including listening and asking powerful questions. They’ll also develop a better understanding of the adolescent brain which will give them a much deeper understanding of themselves and their peers. They will then form part of a coaching pool that provides ongoing support for their peers. Potentially supporting their families and communities as well.
Our youth ‘origination’ programme provides young people and their communities with profound and life changing experiences over the course of 2 years plus. This programme draws on lessons from already existing rites of passage and initiation programmes across the world and incorporates:
- planned activities and events to create personal insight, learning and transformation
- development of emotional regulation drawing on lessons from neuroscience, coaching and neuropsychology
- life coaching and mentoring support
- development of youth leadership skills
- family and community engagement through planned activities
- community celebrations
- communities of practise – ongoing support and learning with peers and adults
- range of additional activities supporting personal growth and transformation